Monday 20 January 2014

SEX AFTER SIXTY

                                                  SEX AFTER SIXTY

 Had you told me even as little as twenty years ago that my sex life would be the best ever after age sixty...I certainly wouldn't have believed you! I actually thought I had a pretty good sex life back then.  If you told me I would be so sexually charged  that I would need to buy sex toys... I would have laughed in your face....hah!

 Alas ....it is all true and I have come a long way in my own sexual development and understanding my own body. Sex is so exquisitely intimate ,  fulfilling and excruciatingly beautiful as well  as just plain feels good. There is sex and there is masturbating (to relieve the sexual tension) and then there is kissing and holding  , snuggling and cuddling . But then there is  making love with a partner that reciprocates all of these feelings in such an intimate and trusting way that you know this is very special and may never come your way again.

 Have you ever been kissed and felt it right to your very soul? ....that happened to me after age 60 and I was totally unprepared for the feelings of first surprise..... then, pure wonder and joy and such pleasure....how was this possible? A one night stand to define my newly single status and to quench my sexual thirst ..... actually turned into a three year on again /off again love affair that taught me all about love and my own  sexuality. The difference between having  sex and making love.  Sexual intimacy comes in many forms and once you experience it I think you should take great care to nurture it and never give it up willingly!!

 You know that scene in the movies .... time stands still and the music and stars and everything  aligns for that one moment....well that can actually happen...it has to me. Even just thinking about it makes me want to sneak back into bed and let my hands wander all over the memory of our last encounter until I am once more sated....

 To feel so deeply also has a  downside if the other person is not right for you for what ever reason. With age comes a certain degree of knowledge about your life so far (for some) for myself  the realization of love lost,  comes at a price. The cost  for me comes with such sorrow that I sometimes can't bear it.... writing helps as does poetry (my own). That he will never be mine sometimes hurts as much as life itself.

  I also wonder if my life would have maybe been better without knowing about these feelings.... and of course the answer is ...no ! Maybe I am the lucky one, I have felt such great joy ...experienced such love.....have had such loving ...made love to such a sexually charged man that I have made him cry out in pleasure...many times.....do you know how empowering that is? That he has done the same to me makes me weak with desire just thinking about it.

 Which brings me full circle ...would I have been better off not knowing all this about myself ,the joy of sexual pleasure...the warm envelope of lovemaking.....the feel of his lips on mine ...maybe some day another love will come my way and knock my socks off... at least I do know that with age there are no sexual barriers and for me what I have felt and feel.......it  is worth the price.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment