Friday 30 May 2014

SUPPER ...TOES AND MARIJAUNA WOES


SUPPER... TOES AND MARIJAUNA WOES
 
 Wow... you have beautiful eyelashes, I tell the pretty young girl giving me a pedicure. Well they are extensions she informs me and I wonder what I would look like with all those lashes? I decide with my wrinkles that they would look more like a family of  spiders that got caught in a web, on my face. Ah well, I have other attributes ....hmmmm....lets see...  well I'm sure it will come to me...  eventually. Her name is the same as the colour of the dress I am wearing, with an E on the end... Teale. She is newly minted from esthetician school and the luck of the draw has her doing my pedicure, while the two other experienced gals get my daughters. I will try not to make her sorry she got the old lady that doesn’t shut up, and pry's into her life... and I'll also try not to make her ears bleed. My Mothers day gift is this all girls pedicure event after a delightful supper overlooking The Legends golf course in Warman.
 
   On the terrace at The Legends we put away our phones .. well one of us keeps hers on the table, but uses it sparingly. The food ordered , we each picked something different, we settled into our drinks. My two daughters (well one is a daughter in law... but I have decided to drop that moniker... it is unnecessary and feels foreign every time I use it, she feels like one of my own anyway.. SO ‘POOF’ IT IS GONE!) they  look really nice and have dressed for the occasion.
 
  My entrée is a ginger beef stir-fry with rice , it is fresh and has the ‘eye appeal’ sooo important with food, presentation is everything...  because if it doesn’t look good chances are you are not going to enjoy it much either. I ate the whole dish with my chopsticks ... even the rice, I am very proud of this accomplishment... no one notices but me... ah well. One daughter has the special which included the ‘made in house mushroom soup which she deemed so good she just wished there were more mushrooms in it, she would have loved it even more. My other daughter has the penne pasta which she deemed excellent. We discussed the menus and agree it would be nice if they could be a little more adventurous. I love my ‘Caesar ‘ drink served in a jar, it was spiced perfectly! ok... so I had two....yep... that good!
 
 The desserts were all made ’in house’ which is a treat because, as being caterers we know the desserts in most restaurants are not! We see them at the food shows and have ordered them ourselves  ...  we do have signature items... like our pineapple s’mores bars , the chocolate and caramel ponds and a sinfully delicious almond, butter cheesecake square. We order a warm apple crisp cobbler and a layered cake made along the coffee crisp chocolate bar theme. They were both good and I loved the layered cake! The meal at The Legends was excellent as were the drinks and the ambiance. We really enjoyed the whole experience and decide we have to eat here again .BTW breakfasts looked really adventurous!
 
 Back in my pedicure chair in The Dahlia Salon and spa in Martensville we are sipping wine (our own which the girls brought) and enjoying being pampered in our own private room. The girls doing our pedicures are very friendly and one of them , Dana, is a massage therapist and I suggest to Teale to look over at her and copy the massage moves she is giving my daughter. Well it is like this...  being over sixty, I am just brimming with unsolicited advice and wisdom. But I don’t know everything, and  I ask if anyone knows where I can get a marijuana seed.  Well honestly, you would think I just asked if anyone knew how to rob a bank... geeze! It is not like I am going to smoke it for crying out loud... I quit smoking nine years ago!! I just want one seed or two to grow one plant! I would maybe just use it to bake a few cookies or something as an experiment. Yes, I was a child from the seventies and did try it once but it was a non-event and now I am a little curious.
 
 Well these girls are reading me the riot act and are going on and on and I am doing my best to not do the rolly eyes and insist they must know where to get one lousy seed!! Then one of them says “well if you get caught with it (I don’t plan on dealing drugs for gods sakes!) you will have a criminal record... and won’t be able to go across the border!” This immediately gets my attention... ah well .... it is not like I was that serious about it anyway. It was just a casual conversation with a friend of mine, and we were discussing the merits of different relaxation techniques to relieve stress and aid sleeping. Guess the prescription hard core drugs will have to suffice..... sigh... it was only one seed!
 
  hmmmm I haven’t talked to my brother in a long time ... he had a whole garden of plants he inherited one time when he bought this house in Vancouver......
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment